Monday, January 1, 2018

House of Cards January 2018 Challenge

Happy New Year!
We have another holiday season behind us
and it's time to start a brand new year.

Can you believe it?
I can't!!

Anyway, it's onwards and upwards
and for me that starts with a new challenge at

This month we want to see...

Mixed Media and/or Colors
Image result for design seeds january

I'm learning to really like Mixed Media.
There's no right or wrong or "messing up".
And it's fun to experiment with new techniques
that I don't often use in my usual style.


I used mixed media paper for my background
and sprayed it with 3 colors of shimmer mist and water.
I blotted with a paper towel in between spraying 
to get more of the effect I was wanting.
Next I applied some texture paste over a rose stencil.
I distressed and inked the edges of my card base and
tore the edges of the background paper before adhering to the base.
I had a chipboard frame which I painted
and glued on top of the stenciling.
Paper roses were added next, along with some twine.
I added some word stickers and sequins to finish.




So, do you do mixed media?
If you've never tried you should!

I hope you'll join us at
House of Cards this month!
We always love to see what you create!






8 comments:

  1. Totally gorgeous, Judy! I adore the textures, colors, and layering you used! Sending hugs and wishes for a wonderful 2018! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just stunning Judy, so many fabulous details, I spend a lot of time enjoying it. Best wishes for 2018! HOC teammie Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is stunning! Beautiful colors and so much texture!
    Hugs,
    Em xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your mixed media card; Mixed Media scares me - LOL! I guess I don't like to make a mess. Great combinations of textures, layers, shimmer, shine, embellishments.

    sue n.
    HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love the textured rose under some more gorgeous roses and all with the beautiful challenge colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful background, beautiful colors and roses!!
    Happy New Year, all the best for 2018

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy, this is beautiful! I LOVE the combination of the flowers and the layers of texture! Gorgeous and fresh! Have a great 2018!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete